Plan Audit & Forward Modeling Services
We work closely with our Employer clients to analyze their current benefits plan and expose areas that we believe have the potential to reduce cost and we pay close attention to what changes would be required to put them in “best practice” positions.
Because we understand that every company has a unique industry, size and geographically specific business environment, we do not attempt to predetermine what strategy will always perform best.
Instead, our objective is to create a list of possible cost control options and help the client decide which are feasible in their particular situation and what would be the most appropriate timeline for introduction into the program.
The modeling process builds on the results of the plan audit and creates a blueprint for a multi year model that can be linked to a unique reporting system to track future performance of the model.
CCG provides audit and modeling services specific to health & welfare related benefits including:
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Vision Benefits
- Voluntary Benefits
- Custom Programs
The performance audit and modeling process includes:
- Developing a mutually agreeable action plan and timeline that meets the Client’s stated objectives.
- Establishing primary analysis categories which will include plan design, funding, risk transfer, claims adjudication, and plan administration.
- Providing specific analysis regarding current plan overview, cost effectiveness, cost competitiveness and tax and regulatory issues.
- Benchmarking plan costs to like industry, size and regional standards and establishing peer groups for comparison.
- Developing recommendations, by category, and the associated values for suggested interventions.
- Reviewing draft results and prioritizing interventions.
- Developing a custom database and report generator for retrospective and prospective review of plan performance and model tracking.
- Establishing comprehensive claims reports for all coverages. CCG will review these reports with Client initially and on a quarterly basis and will identify and discuss trends and model performance.
- Assisting Client in the development of paper and/or web-based communication strategies.
- Advising Client with respect to available technology platforms to support delivery and administration of its employee benefit plans.
- Assisting with the implementation of the benefit program by performing contract and Summary Plan Description review to determine conformity to agreed upon plan provisions and costs
- Conducting strategic planning sessions to review performance of Client’s employee benefits coverage and establish future objectives and strategies to manage Client’s employee benefit plan.